Thread: aquamantys use?

aquamantys use?

hi folks.

I was searching for information from people who have used the aquamantys system? I found a few threads on the site, but most were from 2009 or before.

I'm wanting to know if its effective and what procedures surgeons are using them for? are they successful at reducing blood loss?

also there was some exchange of converstaion in a previous thread suggesting that my insurance wouldn't cover it, is that still true?

thanks,
    -scott

2. New Feature! NoBlood Answers!

• ASK questions regarding Transfusion Alternatives and Patient Blood Management.
    • SHARE your facts, opinions and personal experience.
    • DISCOVER the best answers chosen by Healthcare Professionals and the Public.
    • RANK the best answers.

Click here to see the Best Answers to Top Questions.

Have found little in terms of meta analyses to support its' use. Much written is posted or supported on the vendor site. The cost of the disposable (depending on the device) is up to $500 per procedure. The RF generator expense appears to be around $14K. One hospital system in Chicago has a big initiative in place to reduce or eliminate its use. Of its nine hospitals, there are only 2-3 that regularly use. Several hospitals have not made the investment in it. Since the change I outcomes is negligible (reduction in blood use), the system is recommending that hospitals significantly restrict its use.