Thread: Biopure CEO Fraud

Thumbs down Biopure CEO Fraud

A revealing look at some by-now-not-unexpected CEO behavior. This involves a company which was developing a blood substitute, Hemopure. Maybe now, not so much. And disturbingly, faked clinical trials have become increasingly common. As with any other such falsehood, they undermine the confidence of the public in ANY authoritative source. Check all things thoroughly.

Big Pharma CEO Fakes Cancer while Pill-Pushing Doctor Fakes Clinical Trial Results for Bextra, Effexor and Celebrex by Mike Adams the Health Ranger
    Jan Grossberg, RN, BSN
    Editorial Team

2. New Feature! NoBlood Answers!

• ASK questions regarding Transfusion Alternatives and Patient Blood Management.
    • SHARE your facts, opinions and personal experience.
    • DISCOVER the best answers chosen by Healthcare Professionals and the Public.
    • RANK the best answers.

Click here to see the Best Answers to Top Questions.

With all due respect, you say to check all things thoroughly and yet you fail to mention that the individual in question was fired from the Company in 2003.

Say what you like about their former management ... Hemopure HAS provided a lifesaving alternative to more than a few people for whom blood transfusion was simply not an option.

the paper published in the AMA mentioned in the link you specify

haemoglobin based product hemopure, safety profile concerns

when a company is dishonest, it is time to find alternatives, you don't know if you can trust them in the future!

Again, unless you are aware of the facts, have read and understood the meta analysis in JAMA as well as the scientific criticisms of it, this is another example of jumping on the bandwagon of criticism and sensationalism.

No one is saying the drug is for everyone, but in circumstances when there is NOTHING ELSE left to try, it has helped people.

Hi

When the evidence is against it, the product won't get used [so much]

You want evidence based medicine, you disagreeing?

what scientific literature has been favourable for biopure? the fact that it is a major component of blood puts me off, the negative evidence and fraud is not acceptable as well, I trust Jan Wade to look at the facts.

I tried to find meta-analyses on the internet about HBOCs, could you give me a citation?

Thanks

I appreciate the 2nd last post you made Zaffy, but it was against Biopure!

whats your background Zaffy66, what brings you here?

I think Biopure will go out of business, and a big pharma company will get their assets very cheaply wait and see.

The people who post on here favourable of HBOCs seem to be biased towards them as if they work for Biopure!

I trust Jan B Wade on here to report the facts accurately and honestly, don't accuse people of jumping on the bandwagon, zaffy66, that simply isn't true

Other companies have produced HBOCs based on recombinant haemoglobin, much more acceptable to our conscience. Compared to most non-plasma volume expanders, HBOCs may have an advantage that they instead of diluting the RBC mass help contribute but the evidence that they cause death could put people off bloodless alternatives.