Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hospital Policy regarding blood transfusion refusal by Jehovah Witness patients

Margaret

Hospital Policy regarding blood transfusion refusal by Jehovah Witness patients

Hello,
    I have been asked to write a policy on the care provided for Jehovah Witness patients. I am needing any forms regarding the refusal of blood products. I am needing a policy for when a minor needs a blood transfusion and anything thing else that is pertinent to their care in a hospital setting.
    Thanks in advance,
    Margaret

2. New Feature! NoBlood Answers!

• ASK questions regarding Transfusion Alternatives and Patient Blood Management.
    • SHARE your facts, opinions and personal experience.
    • DISCOVER the best answers chosen by Healthcare Professionals and the Public.
    • RANK the best answers.

Click here to see the Best Answers to Top Questions.

Smile Policies r/t Jehovah's Witnesses refusal of blood

Margaret,
    Would you provide a fax number where I could send some of the forms used at our hospitals? Our most current printed information related to the subject were developed by our Bloodless Care Interdisciplinary Steering Council and are clear and to the point.
    Shirley

Shirley,

Would it be possible to have this document in electronic form, which could then be adapted as a template for other hospitals? After all, there's no point in reinventing the wheel.

David A.

Many file types can be uploaded. For assistance contact one of the administrators.
    Mr. Jan B. Wade
    Admin
    Email

Click here for the Best Questions and Answers regarding Transfusion Alternatives and Patient Blood Management.

Margaret
    Thank You Shirley!
    Our Fax # is 940-898-7255
    Please address to Margaret Hines, Critical Care Educator
    my email address also is margaret.hines@triadhospitals.com
    Thanks again for everyones help.

Healthcare Professional
    Hi Shirley
    Could you fax me a copy of your policy/forms care of the Jehovah Witness patient in hospital, I am policy development mode
    Fax # 1 902 473 5804
    Thank You
    Heather

Healthcare Professional

Smile policy

Quote Originally Posted by shirleyltucker
    Margaret,
    Would you provide a fax number where I could send some of the forms used at our hospitals? Our most current printed information related to the subject were developed by our Bloodless Care Interdisciplinary Steering Council and are clear and to the point.
    Shirley
    Hi Shirley
    Could you fax me a copy of your policy/forms care of the Jehovah Witness patient in hospital, I am policy development mode
    Fax # 1 902 473 5804
    Thank You
    Heather

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret
    Hello,
    I have been asked to write a policy on the care provided for Jehovah Witness patients. I am needing any forms regarding the refusal of blood products. I am needing a policy for when a minor needs a blood transfusion and anything thing else that is pertinent to their care in a hospital setting.
    Thanks in advance,
    Margaret
    Hello, Margaret, I am an Labor and Delivery nurse and would like to
    know if you would share your information on refusal of blood products
    I would am looking for a consent that spells out just what kind of blood products are acceptable for those who refuse RBC's. I would appreciate any information you have Thank you Pam @dgpklowe@aol

Smile Jehovah Witness Issues with Blood Policy

I have also been requested to develop a policy regarding the care provided for Jehovah Witness Patients. Can I tap into this lovely resource? My fax number is: 906-635-4453 Attn: Pat Hirt

We are looking for forms, policies, education, resources. Thanks in advance for your help....and for sharing.

Pat

Healthcare Professional

Smile

please forward to me, too.
    fax 204-787-4529.
    thanks

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast